Club Sponsors



Today saw Leek Town AC FC travel to Wrexham for a friendly, Leek brought 2 teams, a mental health and disability team. Leek came into the day looking for revenge after a narrow 1-0 defeat in the semi finals of the George Best Disability Cup in Belfast in June.


Wrexham A (Red Kit) started the day off playing Leek A. Wrexham A started off their double header v Leek Town with a close fought game. Wrexham started off slow but grew into the game as time passed, eventually taking the lead through Sam Neale after he calmly finished off Luke Armstrong's shot which was well saved by the Leek keeper. The game continued in a close manner with Harry having to produce some vital saves in the wrexham goal. Luke Armstrong added 2 more for wrexham, one of which was possibly goal of the day. It was a superb first time right footed volley after letting the ball drop over his shoulder. Wrexham added a fourth through Michael harper towards the end of the game.


The second game of the day for the red team was a bit more one sided, but Leek Town AC FC kept going and showed great character and attitude throughout the game and it eventually finished 6-0 with the standout goal being a pinpoint header from Alex Hall. 


Goal scorers for the second game were Alex Hall x 2, Luke Armstrong x 2 and Goncalo Marques x 2


Wrexham A squad - Harry Richards, Mark Hall, Jamie Owen, Chrys Wager, Sam Neale, Alex Hall, Goncalo Marques, Luke Armstrong, Michael Harper.


Wrexham B (Grey Kit) alternated with the Red teams fixture and faced a Leek B team. The game started quick with Leek taking the ball. Wrexham got into the game straight away and took the lead after jj took on 2 players and shot into the bottom corner, after a lot of back and too, great defending from Gilbert, Storer and Evans and then great running from midfield and attack, turner went on to score to make it 2-0 at half time. 2nd half started in Wrexham's favour with the attack constantly wanting the ball, after many opportunities and great goalkeeping from leek, greenshields went on to score his second goal of the game with a great header from a corner taken by Cowan, finishing the game at 3-0 full time.


Wrexham B took Leek B on for a 2nd time with the hopes of winning a 2nd time. This game was played whilst it was raining, this never deterred the players though. We may have started the game a little slow and with a quick own goal through no fault of the keepers, it was a brilliant goal, after a misjudged pass seen wrexham B fall behind early on. We soon got the game back with a quick 2 goals from greenshields. With Wrexham dominating the game with a strong 6 outfield players Cowan went on to score the 3rd goal after a scuffle with leek town goal keeper, the 2nd game ended 3-1.


Wrexham B squad - Dave Carr, Steve Edwards, Jason Storer, Morgan Basham, Jimmy Gilbert, Phil Evans, Michael Turner, Regan Cowan, James Greenshield


We would like to pass on our thanks to Leek Town AC FC for making their travels to North Wales this afternoon in what was a fantastic afternoon to catch up after our meeting in Belfast, and we look forward to returning the fixture in the future

Match Reports

Merit Steward & Michael Harper

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

WIFC launch new kits!

July 12, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts